Around Christmas their are more hazards than ever surrounding your pets. With the distractions of preparing dinner or wrapping presents it can be tricky to monitor just exactly what your dogs and cats are getting up to. Please ensure the following are not available for you pets to grab or take from work surfaces and placed out of reach to avoid any unwanted trips to us over the festive period.
- Christmas pudding/cake, mice pies, stollen (contains currents, raisins and sultanas) - holly,mistletoe and poinsettia , amaryllis, lily, ivy -chocolate -grapes The above are toxic to dogs and cats and require veterinary attention.
-animal bones (roast turkey/ chicken etc) -baubles, tinsel and decorations The above may cause forgein body obstructions or become wedged in the mouth.
-High fat foods Overindulgence excessive consumption of high fat foods can cause a condition called pancreatitis which may result in hospitalisation.
We hope you all have a fabulous Christmas time and all your pets stay happy and healthy. HNVG x *please note the above list is not exhaustive and if there is any doubt regarding ingestion/contact of a substance on or not on this list please contact us on 01608 730501. ...