These popular workshops provide practical farm-based training delivered by our vets to improve livestock and business performance on your farm. We aim to deliver them in small groups of no more than eight delegates.
Training is a vital part of the jigsaw that makes up modern farm business success. But finding the training that’s right for you needn’t be a puzzle. FarmSkills courses are designed to put the farmer first; finding out what you know now and what you’d like to know to improve your business.
We have been running successful workshops at Hook Norton for several years now. These include:
• Calf Rearing – Birth to weaning
• Feeding the high yielding dairy cow
• Heifer rearing – weaning to first calving
• Locomotion and foot trimming
• Milk quality control and mastitis prevention
• Practical lambing
• Preparation for calving
• Safe and effective use of veterinary medicine
• Controlling sheep lameness
If you are interested in attending one of our courses please contact Sam Baldwyn at the surgery, or visit www.farmskills.co.uk to find out when the next courses are being held.
Back to Farm Department