Free Zone Visits
The practice has a system of Free Equine Zone Visits. The practice area has been divided into segments, to be serviced on a particular day. Clients registered at the practice must book no later than 48 hours prior to their Zone Visit day (which are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, depending on your area).
Download our zone visit map here.
By offering a limited selection of procedures and by organising the Vet’s day efficiently we can offer to remove the visit charge.
Routine procedures included in the Free Zone Visits:
- Blood tests (at the Vet’s discretion. Please note that some blood tests will require you to bring the bloods back to the Hook Norton Surgery within 2 hours. If you cannot do this, then we recommend that you book a regular visit with one of our Vet’s)
- Dentistry (routine manual rasping only – maximum 2 sets of teeth per call)
- Dressing changes (at Vet’s discretion)
- Sedate for clipping/dentist (maximum 2. If sedating for your own dentist, they must be registered with the BAEDT)
- Stitch/Staple removal
- Mite injections
- Non-Weatherby passports & identification papers
For our zone visits clients must be flexible. We determine the time of the visit from the number of calls booked on a particular day. Clients will be given a 2-hour window the day prior to their Zone Visit. We will contact you by telephone or text message. Your horses/ponies need to be caught and ready and waiting for when the Vet arrives in the yard and there must be a suitable person present to handle the animal/s. Vets are unable to perform extra examinations in addition to procedures booked.
Free Zone Visits will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and are generally only available to clients who are up to date with their invoice payments – i.e. paid within 30 days from the date of invoice. This directly rewards clients dealing efficiently with their invoices – enabling us to provide this free service. Clients who receive a Zone Visit but are not up to date with our Payment Terms will be charged a Multiple/Shared Visit (approximately 1/3 of a full visit for their area) – unless the delay in payment is due to a pending insurance claim.
If you wish to register as a new client please complete our on-line registration form here or telephone us on 01608 730085 (option 1).
Back to Equine Department