FarmSkills Course: Calf Rearing – Birth to Weaning
FarmSkills: Calf Rearing – Birth to Weaning
Date: Weds 18th July
Time: 10am -4pm
Cost: £75.00pp +VAT
Location: Hook Norton Branch
All refreshments provided.
You will be able to plan and prepare for successful heifer production, conduct basic first aid in the neo-natal calf and provide appropriate management to ensure maximum survival rates.
- Produce a plan from birth to calving
- Assess the body condition of the dam
- Know how best to set up and run a calving system
- Evaluate a calf’s ABC (Airway, Breathing, Circulation)
- List the major roles of colostrum: energy, warmth, laxative, passive transfer
- Know the correct amount and time frame for colostrum intake
- Know how to administer supplementary colostrum safely
- Appreciate that colostrum does not need to clot in the abomasum in the same way as milk
For more information or to book onto the course contact the Surgery or visit www.farmskills.co.uk.
Back to news