Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP – Terms & Conditions of Business
Thank you for entrusting the care & attention of your animals to Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP. We are dedicated to providing good quality veterinary attention for all animals under our care, to ensure their health and welfare. We aim to provide a professional, modern veterinary service with traditional values in an approachable and compassionate manner for all aspects of animal care.
This document sets out the Terms of the Contract established between us (Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP) and you (the registered animal owner or individual requesting veterinary services) which comes into being when you register your animal with our Veterinary Practice, or when you ask us to provide veterinary services.
Should you have any queries regarding any aspect of these Terms and Conditions of Business please do not hesitate to ask us for further clarification. By accepting these conditions, you confirm that you are over 18 years of age.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership Company registered in England and Wales under Number OC356808; our registered office is: White Hills Surgery, Sibford Road, Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxon, OX15 5DG.
Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP (HNVG) is a mixed veterinary practice with separate Equine, Farm and Small Animal Departments. The Practice consists of our Surgery premises detailed below for treating your animals at Hook Norton, Deddington, Charlbury and Moreton-in-Marsh – as well as comprising the mobile services of our dedicated team of vets and nurses attending mainly Farm and Equine calls. Small Animal visits are also available in certain circumstances. Our Surgery premises are situated at:
RCVS Accredited Practice – Small Animal Veterinary Hospital, Farm Animal General Practice, Equine General Practice – White Hills Surgery, Sibford Road, Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxon. OX15 5DG.
RCVS Accredited Practice – Small Animal Core Standards – The Spendlove Centre, Enstone Road, Charlbury, Oxford. OX7 3PQ.
RCVS Accredited Practice – Small Animal Core Standards – Heritage House, St Thomas Street, Deddington, Oxon. OX15 0SY.
Cotswold Business Village, 3 Wychwood Court, Moreton-in-Marsh, Glous, GL56 0JQ.
GENERAL TERMS APPLYING TO THE PROVISION OF ALL GOODS AND SERVICES
HNVG aims to provide veterinary services in accordance with the code encompassed in the RCVSguidelines for practice standards and for the professional conduct of veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses. Guidelines are available at www.rcvs.org.uk. Please be aware that veterinary care will be withheld from clients who appear aggressive or abusive to staff members.
Fees & Charges
All fees for professional advice, services and prices for goods (including food, accessories and drugs) are subject to VAT at the applicable rate. You will receive a detailed breakdown of these charges for every consultation, surgical procedure and transaction with us. Professional fees vary depending on the time spent on a case, the level of expertise required of the staff looking after your animal, and according to the drugs, materials or consumables used in the provision of these services. These may also include fees for referral of the case to another specialist practice. Separate charges will also apply for the costs of posting or delivering clinical samples for analysis, and sending out orders for drugs and other goods, if requested. These are usually sent by Recorded or Special Delivery post, or delivered by courier.
Estimates may be provided verbally either at the time of booking the appointment or during the consultation itself. Written estimates are available on request. Any estimate given can only be approximate since an animal’s illness will not always follow a conventional course and unforeseen expense may occur. We will endeavour to contact you at our earliest opportunity if we believe that the costs could be significantly higher than the estimate. Please note: for long term hospitalised patients, account updates can be given daily upon request.
Prescriptions and Dispensing of Drugs
You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines, Category V, (POM-Vs) from this Practice OR ask for a written prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy. HNVG can only prescribe POM-Vs for animals under our care. However, we can provide POM-V drugs if presented with a written prescription from another veterinary surgeon. A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary. Your veterinary surgeon may only prescribe relevant veterinary medicinal products following a clinical assessment of an animal under our care. The general policy of this Practice is to re-check an animal requiring repeat prescriptions for/supplies of relevant veterinary medicinal products every 3 months; however, this may vary with individual circumstances. In more complicated/unstable cases prescription rechecks may be more frequent depending on the professional judgment of the veterinary surgeon managing the case. There is usually a charge for a prescription recheck and written prescriptions, details of which will be provided on enquiry. You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine which may be prescribed for your animal.
Please give us 48 hours notice for any requests for a repeat or written prescription.
Insurance, Microchipping & Vaccination
HNVG strongly support the principle of insuring your animal against unexpected illness or accident. HNVG will endeavour to complete and forward an insurance claim to your insurance company as soon as practicable after submission of the claim form to us by the client. Please note the balance of any of fees charged which are not covered by the insurance company will be subject to full payment by the client or animal owner/agent. The submission by you of an insurance claim form for your animal will automatically give us the right to discuss your claim with and/or respond to enquiries made about it by your Insurance Company.
HNVG also strongly recommend having your animal regularly vaccinated and micro-chipped (now required by law for dogs). Please ask for details about these important actions you can take to protect, care for, and identify your animal.
Out of Hours Service
Weekend consultations are available at our Hook Norton and Charlbury Surgeries.
Telephone calls to closed branches are automatically redirected to Hook Norton Surgery. We also operate a 24-hour emergency service. If a call is ‘out of hours’, the telephone call will be answered by our Answering Service who will contact the duty veterinary surgeon to respond to your emergency as soon as possible. In the rare event you are not called back within 10 minutes please redial. For animals needing 24-hour intensive care or nursing this can be provided in the Small Animal Hospital at White Hills Veterinary Surgery, Hook Norton, where we also have Equine in-patient facilities. Our ‘out of hours’ service for Small Animals is shared on a rota basis with Chipping Norton Vets; when Chipping Norton Vets are on duty, your Small Animals will initially be treated at their surgery premises.
Please note: additional charges apply for out of hours consultations.
Ownership of Records, X-Rays & Similar Documents
The care given to your animal may involve making some specific investigations, for example taking blood samples, X-Rays or performing ultrasound scans. Even though we make a charge for carrying out these investigations & interpreting their results, the resulting records (clinical or otherwise) remain the property of the HNVG.
Case records can be copied and, on request, may be passed onto another veterinary surgeon taking over the case. Clinical samples taken may also be passed onto external laboratories to undertake further investigations to assist with our diagnosis or treatment plan. There may be a charge incurred for copying any veterinary records and documentation.
In order to keep our charges as affordable as possible, payment is generally requested at the end of each consultation or procedure and/or upon collection of drugs, feeds and shop sales. If an invoice is sent out, payment is required strictly within 30 days from the date of invoice. (If you are an XLVet UK Ltd registered farm client, the shorter 21-day payment term specified in that specific agreement must be adhered to for you to retain your special benefits). A full fee breakdown will appear on all invoices.
Should you become unable to pay your account according to our Payment Terms, or consider that there may be a problem with your account or invoice details, please contact our
Accounts Department on 01608 738501 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
as soon as possible after receiving the invoice so that the matter can be resolved. Any cheque returned by our bank as unpaid, any credit card payment not honoured, and any cash tendered found to be counterfeit will result in the client’s account being restored to the original sum – with further charges added in respect of the bank charges and administrative costs arising from this.
In the absence of any other arrangement agreed with the Practice, accounts not settled within 45 days of the date of invoice will incur an administrative surcharge of 2% per month. For any account still remaining unpaid after this time, we reserve the right to take such action as we consider appropriate to recover our fees. This may include engaging third party debt collection agencies to recover the outstanding fees and/or instigating proceedings against you in the County Court. You would be liable to pay any additional costs incurred for this which will be added to your client account. Please be aware that the use of debt collection agencies and the County Court could affect your future credit rating.
We shall be entitled to suspend the provision of any further goods and/or services until you have paid any outstanding sums in full. In addition, where we consider it appropriate to do so, we may require payment on account before goods and/or services are provided.
Methods of Payment
Payment may be made by the following methods:
1) Cash – at Practice premises only
2) Cheque – (no post-dating) made payable to Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP
3) Credit Card – major credit cards accepted (except American Express)
4) Pet Insurance Scheme – subject to payment of any excess and insurance form completion charges
5) BACS – please quote your name and postcode in the reference details
Account Name: Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP
Bank Name: Royal Bank of Scotland
Branch Address: Oxford Branch: 32 St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3ND
A/C Number: 10190018
Sort Code: 16-10-15
BIC: RBOS GB 2L
IBAN: GB74 RBOS 1610 1510 1900 18
LIFETIME CARE CLUB
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE LIFETIME CARE CLUB?
The Lifetime Care Club is a pre-payment plan covering the cost of the main preventative health issues of your pet. Please refer to the leaflet attached to your application form for details of what is included in your Lifetime Care Club. It is your responsibility to ensure that you receive all the treatments included in the Lifetime Care Club. Membership is not transferable to another pet or owner. The Lifetime Care Club is NOT a pet health insurance scheme.
RENEWING YOUR LIFETIME CARE CLUB MEMBERSHIP
At the end of the annual contract, we will write to you about renewing for another year. Payment is by Direct Debit, we will send you a renewal notice showing the amount we will automatically collect for the next year, unless you inform us otherwise.
CANCELLING YOUR LIFETIME CARE CLUB MEMBERSHIP DURING THE ANNUAL CONTRACT
PLEASE NOTE – IF A LIFETIME CARE CLUB MEMBERSHIP IS CANCELLED BEFORE THE ANNUAL RENEWAL DATE (DATE OF SIGNATURE) A £10 + VAT CANCELLATION FEE PER ANIMAL WILL BE CHARGED AND ANY UNPAID AMOUNTS FOR GOODS RECEIVED UNDER THE LIFETIME CARE CLUB WILL BECOME IMMEDIATELY DUE FOR PAYMENT:
• You may cancel the Lifetime Care Club membership by emailing us at email@example.com , or telephoning us between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday on 01608 738501, or by writing to us at least 14 days prior to your next payment date.
• Payment is by Direct Debit, you must also tell your Bank to cancel the Direct Debit Instruction(s). If your Lifetime Care Club Direct Debit is returned unpaid by your Bank or a Direct Debit Instruction is cancelled and a new Direct Debit Instruction is not set up immediately, the Lifetime Care Plan will be deemed to be cancelled.
• If the Lifetime Care Club membership is cancelled by you during the annual contract, we will charge you an additional £10 + VAT cancellation fee per animal.
• Should your cancellation result in a balance owing to Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP for any goods received under the Lifetime Care Club package, any payments you have already made towards the Lifetime Care Club will be offset against these charges and an invoice for the balance owing plus applicable cancellation fee(s) will be sent to you with payment becoming due immediately.
• No credit will be given if the cost of goods received is less than the amount already paid by Direct Debit at the time of cancellation.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
• Members must be 18 years old or over.
• If a pet’s weight changes to a different category from that specified on the Lifetime Care Club application form further charges may be applicable.
• Annual price increases for membership of the Lifetime Care Club may apply at the discretion of Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP. We will write to you in advance of this.
• If certain products are specifically requested by a client, which are not included under the Lifetime Care Club package (although the treatment type is), these alternative products may attract a surcharge which will become immediately payable – unless their use is based on our veterinary advice.
• All products included in the annual subscription (i.e. vaccinations, flea and worming treatments) must be taken within the annual payment period. Products cannot be carried forward into the next year’s annual subscription period.
• Payments will be taken by separate monthly Direct Debits for each pet.
• New Members of the Lifetime care Club may be asked to pay for the initial treatment(s) included under the Lifetime Care Club until the first Direct Debit payment clears. After such time the initial payment will be refunded.
• Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP reserves the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions of the Lifetime Care Club (except the Direct Debit Guarantee) and any such changes will be reflected on this website.
THE DIRECT DEBIT GUARANTEE
Banks and building societies may not accept Direct Debit Instructions for some types of account.
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society – if you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP asks you to.
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP.
New Client voucher: £20 0ff first consultation or vaccination
Terms and Conditions:
- Voucher must be presented by a new client in person at the reception desk on the same day as their first veterinary consultation to qualify for money off that consultation fee.
- This offer applies to new clients only (they must not have been registered at any other clinics previously); any vaccinations, drugs or treatments will be charged at normal price. This voucher is not redeemable with any other discount.
- Voucher only redeemable for services provided by Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP (HNVG LLP) as part of a veterinary consultation and does not include services provided by our partners (e.g. rehabilitation; behavioural assessments; referrals, etc.,); or stock items (e.g. pet supplies, food, products, etc.,).
- Any unspent balance on the voucher cannot be carried over to future consultations.
- Voucher not valid in conjunction with other offers or vouchers.
- Voucher is non-refundable or exchangeable for cash or equivalent.
- Voucher limited to 1 per household.
- In a multi-pet household, Voucher may only be redeemed against treatment of first pet coming in for consultation.
- Vouchers are not redeemable against ‘Prescription Only’ charges.
- Voucher scheme does not apply to referrals made by charities or other such organisations to Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP.
- Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP reserves the right to limit, withdraw or modify the terms of this promotion at any time by amendment on our website: www.hooknortonvets.co.uk
COMPLAINTS & STANDARDS
We hope that you will never feel the need to complain about the standards of service received from HNVG. However, should you wish to make a complaint, please contact our Practice Manager during normal office hours by phone: 01608 730085. If the Practice Manager is unable to answer your query satisfactorily, please contact Hook Norton Veterinary Group LLP in writing either by post at: White Hills Surgery, Sibford Road, Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxon, OX15 5DG; or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a period of 14 days of its receipt and to respond fully within 28 days of this, if practicable.
VARIATION OF TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
No agent or person employed by, or under contract with the Practice, has the authority to alter or vary these Terms and Conditions in any way without the written agreement of at least two of the Directors. HNVG LLP reserve the right to alter or amend these Terms and Conditions as necessary and any such amendment will be published on our website: www.hooknortonvets.co.uk